A penis sleeve is a silicone device often used to improve the sex life of men suffering from erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation.
Penile support sleeves are a type of silicone sex toy used for treating erectile dysfunction or for sexual enhancement purposes. It is a device worn around the penis (much like a condom) during sexual intercourse or masturbation, which along with lubricant, helps men have a satisfying sexual experience.
Penile support sleeves are also called:
- Penis sleeves
- Cock sleeves
- Penis sheaths
- Penile prosthetics
Penis sleeves are an option for people who do not wish to undergo surgery to treat their erectile dysfunction. Additionally, they are non-pharmaceutical, which means there is no need for a prescription to buy one.
Penis sleeves may have different designs, which include:
- Soft, rubber texture
- Firmer material
- Hollow material with space inside
- Rigid rod with two rings
Some of the advantages of penis sleeves include:
- Acts as a penis extender by adding length and girth
- Increases sexual pleasure and orgasms for both partners
- Increases stamina by decreasing sensitivity
- An appropriate non-pharmaceutical and non-surgical approach for erectile dysfunction
- Adds some variety to sex
- Available widely
- Available in a variety of sizes and price points
- Zero health risks and complications
The disadvantages include:
- Inconvenient to use at times
Why is a penile support sleeve worn?
Penile support can be beneficial for one’s sex life in the following conditions:
- To achieve or maintain an erection in people with erectile dysfunction
- To engage in penetrative intercourse
- To reduce premature ejaculation
- To lessen the sensation of intercourse to get a longer-lasting sexual experience
How does a penile support sleeve work?
The most basic penile support sleeve wraps around the penis like a condom. However, some sleeves also loop around the testicles as well. Nonetheless, they work in the following manner:
- Supports erection
- Improves circulation
- Enhances the feeling of masturbation
Various support sleeves work differently to suit sexual needs, which include:
- For penis enlargement, people can choose models that extend the penis by adding extra girth and length, which helps stimulate a woman’s G-spot.
- For a pleasurable experience, penis enhancer type of support sleeves can be a great option. These may include a ribbed internal chamber or a built-in vibrator that may act to enhance stimulation.
- For preventing premature ejaculation, a smoother internal chamber and thicker material can be appropriate. A smoother and thicker material causes desensitization of the penis, thereby helping it to stay firm even after the climax.
- Penile rings are lightweight rings that can be easily worn around the penis and offer the following sexual health advantages:
- Improve circulation to the penis
- Provide a firmer penis for a longer period
Most penis sleeves work best when coupled with lubricant, such as water-based lube.
How effective are penile support sleeves in erectile dysfunction?
The effectiveness of penile support sleeves on your sex life depends on its:
- Vibrator capacity
However, the purpose for which support sleeves are used, such as penetrative sex or masturbation, also influences their effectiveness. Your urologist can recommend a good penis sleeve that suits your specific condition.
Erectile dysfunction involves a complex process, where many factors together can contribute to the cause. Due to the involvement of numerous factors, it is difficult to predict if support sleeves would work best for every man. However, it can be a valuable option to treat erectile dysfunction because there are no health risks and complications involved.
Medically Reviewed on 10/5/2021
Stein MJ, Lin H, Wang R. New Advances in Erectile Technology. Ther Adv Urol. 2014;6(1):15-24. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3891291/