Sex has many health benefits, such as increasing collagen production, lowering stress levels, and boosting confidence—all of which can make you feel and look younger
Sex has many health benefits, such as increasing collagen production, lowering stress levels, and boosting confidence—all of which can make you look and feel younger.
6 ways sex can make you look younger
- Promotes skin elasticity: Regular sexual activity is associated with higher levels of estrogen, which is key for supporting skin health by increasing collegen production and hyaluronic acid content, which is a natural moisturizer. Improved moisturization and collagen content help improve skin elasticity.
- Speeds up skin healing: As you age, the ability of your skin to repair itself decreases. However, sex promotes the release of oxytocin and endorphins in your body, which are hormones that help repair the skin.
- Makes your skin glow: Sex is a form of exercise and can help boost blood flow throughout the body. By reducing stress, it also helps strengthen your skin’s natural barrier function. Glowing skin can mask the appearance of wrinkles and age spots.
- May reduce acne: Increased stress levels and lack of sleep are both contributing factors when it comes to acne breakouts. When you are stressed, your body is more prone to inflammation and oil secretion. Sex can therefore help keep stress-related acne at bay by boosting your mood and reducing stress.
- Boosts hair health: Estrogen levels have been linked to thicker, fuller hair. By increasing your estrogen levels, sex may also enahcne hair health.
- Increases confidence: When you have a healthy sex life, it can boost your confidence and self-esteem. You may feel more motivated to stay trim by eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly, all of which can make you feel younger.
How many times should you have sex?
There are no limits for how many times you should have sex to see results.
However, sex has many benefits outside of beauty. In addition to strengthening intimacy with your partner, it can also help increase your heart rate and boost muscle mass.
Medically Reviewed on 4/13/2022
Can Good Sex Keep You Young? https://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/features/sex-keep-young
Benameur T, Panaro MA, Porro C. The antiaging role of oxytocin. Neural Regen Res. 2021;16(12):2413-2414.
10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/sex-and-health#3